- www.ciwmb.ca.gov/greenbuilding/ : The official State of California Green Building portal from the Integrated Waste Management Board. Includes, great contractor information, government rules, grant information, case studies, and much more. The toolkit page (Click Here) is particularly helpful.
- www.epa.gov/greenbuilding: The Green Building page of the Environmental Protection Agency. They also have a blog that is excellent. (Click Here)
- http://www.builditgreen.org/: Build It Green is a non-profit membership organization that works with mainstream stakeholders in the housing industry to accelerate the adoption of green building practices. Build It Green is the creator and manager of the Green Point Rated® rating system for measuring and branding environmentally friendly buildings.
- http://www.cagreenbuilder.org/: A system for measuring and branding environmentally friendly residential homes in California. This California-specific certification is offered by the Building Industry Institute, a subsidairy of the California Building Industry Association.
- www.environmentcalifornia.org: Environment California is a statewide, citizen-based environmental advocacy organization. Environment California draws on 30 years of success in tackling our state’s top environmental problems.
- www.spur.org: The San Francisco Planning and Urban Research Association. SPUR is a think tank formed in 1959 to fight for the revitalization of San Francisco as the Bay Area’s central city. Through research, analysis, public education, and advocacy, SPUR promotes good planning and good government.
- www.usgbc.org: Untied States Green Building Council is a Green Building advocacy group. The USGBC is the creator and manager of the LEED® rating system. LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is a voluntary, consensus-based national rating system for developing high-performance, sustainable buildings.